15 Reasons You Should Be Drinking Lemon Water Every Morning
Drinking lemon water in the morning is a great habit to obtain. It will help your overall health and there’s doubt that you’ll surely see the differences. This will boost your digestion system and will finalize the natural process of detoxification. Lemons contain a great amount of vitamins C and B. They also contain fibers, antioxidants, enzymes, potassium iron, magnesium and calcium.
The choices you do on daily routines either build up resistance to diseases, or tear them down. The benefits of this routine are endless and we have listed the 15 most important:
- Boost immune system – lemon is packed with vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system and fights cold and flu. Iron is also an important nutrient, while lemons improve the ability to absorb more iron from the foods you consume.
- Improves digestion – The structure of lemon juice is pretty close to the juices we contain in our stomachs. This being said it is able to loosen and eliminate toxin out of the digestive tract. Lemon juice can also sooth heartburn, helping with digestion and reduce bloating. The main things it help is the bowel first thing in the morning, hydrates the colon, infuses water to the stool and levels the production of bile.
- Boost energy – Lemon juice is able to provide you energy and improve mood swings.
- Hydrates the body – plain water is best, but many people find it boring, thus do not drink it enough. Add lemon into your water and consume as many glasses as you wish throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Anti-cancer – the antioxidant properties of lemons protect your skin form aging and also reduce the risk of several types of cancer. Lemons neutralize acids as well as cancer thrives in acidic environment, thus alkalizing your body can stop the growth of cancer cells and reduce the risk of getting cancer.
- Get off caffeine – Many people have already switched out coffee with warm lemon water because it provide the body the boost of energy that you need to wake you up in the morning.
- Boost brain power – Potassium and magnesium both can be beneficial to the brain and the nerves in the body. Lemon water has been proven to decrease stress and help people who are suffering with depression. It’s great for people who are constantly busy all day and work in stressful jobs.
- Freshen breath – lemons fight mouth bacteria, but do not drink it undiluted as the citric acid can erode tooth enamel. Do not brush your teeth with it; just have a glass of lemon water instead.
- Reduce mucus and phlegm – those people who drink cow’s milk are more prone to mucus production, thus you should start your day with lemon water top lessen mucus if you are not prepared to go dairy-free.
- Reduce inflammation- Uric acid can be eliminated from the joints by lemon. What cause inflammation is a buildup of this acid.
- Promote healthy and rejuvenated skin- Lemons contain a great antioxidants, which will prevent the damage of free radicals and this is the reason for pre mature aging in the skin. Vitamin C will help maintain the elasticity which will prevent wrinkles.
- Weight loss aid – lemons can help you achieve faster and long term results because they help in fighting hunger carvings, boost metabolism, and give you stuffed feeling, so you will less likely to have a snack between your meals.
- Alkalize your body – lemons are the most alkalizing food sources. If there is too much acid in the body, it can contribute to inflammation, obesity, and major diseases such as Alzheimer’s diabetes, and cancer.
- Antibacterial and antiviral properties – Lemons will boost the immune system which will help get rid of colds, flu and sore throat. People who drink lemon water daily have a lower chance of having these problem all together.
- Cleansing properties – lemons can assist in flushing out toxins from your body in order to prevent build-ups and damage to your cells, organs, and tissues. They stimulate the liver in producing more enzymes and work more effectively. The juice works as a diuretic, keeping your urinary tract toxin-free and change the pH levels which discourage the growth of bacteria. They loosen and flush out waste from the digestive tract and cleanse the colon.
How to make lemon water
It only takes 5 minutes to make this drink. Squeeze half of a lemon into warm water. If you weigh more than 150 pounds use an entire lemon to receive full benefits.
The reason why you should drink war over hot or cold water is because the body uses more energy to process these temperature. Lukewarm water will build your energy slowly and get your digestion system working.
If you choose to add more lemon in your water go right ahead. You may also add lemons into your water throughout the day if you like.