4-Week Abs Challenge To Lose Belly Pooch
The extra belly fat layer is the most stubborn kind of body fat and is really hard to get rid of it. But proper nutrition and a good workout plan can help you lose belly pooch and get ready for summer.
The Abs Challenge
This abs challenge is simple! You just have to follow these rules to lose belly pooch in 4-weeks:
- Do each of these 6 exercises for one minute without rest in between. Repeat for a total of 3 sets. Rest no more than 2 minutes in between sets.
- Work out 3 days in a row, rest for one day, work out 2 more days, then rest one day. Repeat.
- Start on Monday to get the rest days on Thursday and Sunday.
- Walk/run/jog 30-60 minutes every day. Every day!
- Don’t eat anything with sugar, bread, pasta, and fatty products.
- Eat lots of vegetables, poultry, and fruits.
- Foods that you can eat now and then include dairies, fatless meats, eggs, nuts, etc.
Follow this workout program for at least 4 weeks. Bear in mind that only after this period of time you’ll be able to see significant changes in your abdominal area.
The burn you feel after the first days is just your muscles telling you that you’re on the right path. So don’t stop until you reach your goal!
Best Exercises To Lose Belly Pooch
We’ve put together the most effective abdominal exercises to target your core area. Here they are:
Here’s how to properly perform the reverse crunch:
Lie on your back with your arms straight out to the sides. Lift your legs and bend the knees at a 90-degree angle. Rotate the hips to one side, without letting the legs touch the floor. Lift your legs and return to the starting position. Rotate the hips to the opposite side and repeat until set is complete.
The scissor exercise is easy to do and it really target your lower abs. So start cutting the air!
Laying on your back keep place your hands behind the head. Keep your abs tight and lift your left knee to touch the right elbow. Go back to the beginning position, raise your right knee, and touch it with left elbow. Make sure the abs remains engaged and your hands are relaxed, thus preventing you from pulling on your neck
Elbow To Knee Crunch
This exercise works your side abs and helps torch your overall fat. This is a must do exercise not only for this abs challenge, but for any workout that helps lose belly pooch. Here’s how to do it:
Lie flat on the floor with the lower back pressed into the ground. Place your hands slightly either side of your head, do not lock your fingers or pull the head up. Lift your knees to a 45 degree angle. Slowly go through a bicycle pedal motion with the legs. Alternately touching your elbows to the opposite knee twisting back and forth through the core, keep the elbows back rather than forward to the chest as this could strain the neck
So, I’ve heard you like planks. How about a more intense version of this fat burning exercise? Here’s how to do it:
- Get down on all four, in a full plank (not elbow plank) position. Keep your body in a straight line from head to heels. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart.
- Raise the right arm and the left leg at the same time.
- Hold for 2 seconds, then get back into the plank position.
- Repeat with the opposite leg and arm.
Maximize your abdominal strength with a purely insane exercise: the Russian twist. Here are the instruction to perform it correctly:
Sit down on the floor lift your legs off the ground ( if you are having a hard time keeping your feet off the floor you may place your heels on the floor). Interlock your hands and twist from one side to the other. Make sure you look at your hands when they are going from one side to the other.
Cross Body Mountain Climber
The final exercise is the one that makes you sweat like a pig. Do the cross body mountain climber exercise as fast as you can to increase your heart rate. Do as many reps as you can in one minute.
A Mountain climber exercise is great for your lower abdominal muscles because your core has to work hard to keep you stable. It also targets your hamstrings and quads, as well as your gluteus. You will be working each of these muscles as you bring your knee to the opposite elbow. Performing cross-body mountain climbers will certainly make you feel accomplished when you’ve completed a few!