Healthy 1 Minute Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake (Paleo Vegan Gluten Free)
It doesn’t matter what new diet fad you might try, it seems like Low Carb is the easiest to stick to without feeling like you’re starving. The only bad thing about this diet is the fact that most people get sick of the same thing, as there are only a few low carb snacks that actually taste good. That can be bad as well as it can lead to eyeballing other foods in the cabinets. Do you ever feel like something sweet , even though you know you shouldn’t?
These quick and easy low carb cinnamon roll mug cake is light, fluffy, and slightly moist on the inside! It’s loaded with protein and fiber, making it the perfect low carb snack or healthy dessert to satisfy the sweet tooth. It’s still way better than cinnamon rolls as they have a trillion infinity grams per serving. Anyway, enough about that. These are seriously easy to make, don’t take much time, they are perfect for the season and they’ll satisfy your own taste buds. They’re really simple to make, I cooked them in a medium muffin pan or even in the microwave.
healthy 1 minute low carb cinnamon roll mug cake
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (32-34 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T granulated sweetener of choice*
- 1 large egg OR 1/4 cup liquid egg whites (see notes for Vegan option)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the glaze
- 1 T coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp milk of choice
- pinch cinnamon
For the microwave option
Grease a microwave safe bowl with cooking spray and add the protein powder, baking powder, coconut flour, cinnamon, sweetener of choice and mix well.
Add the egg/whites and mix into the dry mixture. Add the milk of choice and vanilla extract- If batter is too crumbly, continue adding milk of choice until a very thick batter is formed. granulated sweetener of choice and extra cinnamon and swirl over the top. Microwave for 60 seconds, or until just cooked in the center. Top with glaze and enjoy!
For the oven option
Follow as above, but bake in the oven at 350 Fahrenheit for 8-15 minutes, depending on consistency desired- Mug cake is cooked once a toothpick comes out ‘just’ clean from the center.
- * Adjust according to taste- If protein powder is sweetened, feel free to omit completely.
- For the vegan option, you won’t need any flax eggs/egg substitute- Simply omit and slowly add milk of choice until a thick batter is formed. Microwave/bake until ‘just’ cooked in the center.