At Home 10 Minute Butt & Thigh Workout(Video)
Summer is coming fast and it’s time to pull out those shorts and bathing suits. It time to show off those legs, you have neglected all winter but don’t worry we have the perfect leg and butt workout that will get you into shape in no time. This workout will leave you sore the next day and walking up and down stairs may be a challenge, but the results will totally be worth it!
Today’s workout will contain of 4 legged, drooling, ball chewing, assistant named Loki. The video doesn’t have all of the bells & whistles that our typical workout videos do, instead you’re basically working out with me informally, “at home”. Let me know if you like this more low-key style of filming and I’ll do what I can to film more like this for you.
Workout Break down
- 10 Minute butt & thigh exercises that don’t contain any equipment
- 10 intervals of 45 seconds being active and 15 seconds rests
- The warm and cool down are not included in the video but don’t forget to add them in as well.
Benefits of this workout
- Fast and easy for a person who is always busy
- No equipment is need but can be added
- Focuses on the glute muscles as well as the inner and outer thighs, hamstrings, quads, and calves & core
- Great for a beginner friendly (take extra breaks, use a shallow range of motion, etc) or more difficult (hold onto weights while doing the exercises, use deep ranges of motion and focus on contracting your muscles and working “against” yourself the entire time
Butt and Thigh Exercises
Side Squat Steps
Reverse Lunge + Lift (alternating)
Countdown Squats; 3, 2, 1 & 1, 2, 3
Downward Dog + Knee & Lift (alternating)
Ski Squat + Outside Thigh Lift
Kneeling Leg Lifts + Pulses (do an entire interval on each side of the body)
Kneeling Leg Lift Circles (switch directions halfway through each interval; do one full interval on each side of the body)
How can I best use this lower body workout video?
Ten minutes defiantly isn’t a lot of time to spend on a workout, but is definitely better than nothing. With that said, this routine is best added onto the end of another, longer Fitness Blender workout video. You can use it as a butt and thigh specific routine after a cardio or HIIT session, or add it onto the end of a lower body strength routine just to really burnout those muscles and burn a few extra calories. If you have a hectic schedule you can use our short routines like this one (we have many) to sneak bits of exercise into your day, 10-15 minutes at a time – in fact, exercising in several shorter sessions throughout the day is not a bad strategy and may result in a higher caloric expenditure due to the multiple metabolic boosts caused by intermittent activity. If you choose to do it this way, aim for all of your individual workouts to add up to at least 30 minutes over the course of the day for best results.
How much exercise is enough to lose weight?
The best time for training is around 45 to 60 minutes, but this changes from person to person and depending on how much weight you would like to lose.
Whenever you would like to lose weight, shoot for at least 200 minutes (more 3 hours) a week by moderate intensity workout with everything additional consistent. If you burn calories and exercise, you’ll be able to get away with a minimum dose of 150 minutes a week.
Whenever you are a beginner, start with 50 minutes of exercise a week and build to 200 minutes.
Here are 4 tips to help you bind to a weight loss workout and meet your goals:
- Schedule your workout plans.
- Log your steps
- Don’t do too much, too fast.
- Don’t turn water into wine