Why May is the best month to start a diet
Your probably one of those people who made a New Year’s resolution but never stuck to it, and now swimsuit season is coming quickly. We totally understand.
We have great news for you it has been proven that May is the best month to start a diet. Which is why Dr. Mehmet Oz is kicking off the “28-Day Shrink Your Stomach Challenge” on his show Thursday.
There are many reason why this month is the best time to start your diet according to Dr. Oz.
- Sixty-one percent of women say they focus on their weight the most in May, and 57 percent say dieting is easier in the summer, according to polling data from The Dr. Oz Show.
- People tend to eat less in hot temperatures.
- Better weather and more sunlight mean more time to be outdoors and active.
- The increased sunlight of the summer boosts serotonin levels, which reduce some people’s need to eat.
- There’s an abundance of healthy, seasonal foods like peaches, cucumbers and asparagus.
Dr. oz has broken down what you need to eat so you can lose weight just in time for summer focusing on these main points.
- Avocado in the a.m.: Whether it’s avocado toast or an avocado chocolate smoothie, it’s a good source of fiber and potassium to start the day while replacing other fats in your diet.
- Veggies all day: Dr. Oz’s “veggie flush drink” featuring spinach, cucumber and pear provides a daily serving of vegetables and helps flush your body of excess toxins.
- Fasting window: Don’t eat anything from 9 p.m. until 9 a.m. to give your metabolism time to reset as well as time to burn fat.
- What to avoid: Stay away from sugar, diet soda, packaged and processed foods, dairy and alcohol.