Ultimate Upper Body HIIT Workout(Video)
Women usually can’t find time to visit a gym. But you can do a HIIT routine at home to help you achieve your weight loss and fitness goals.
These simple upper body workouts for women can be done at home for toning the upper arms, chest and back. For this particular exercise, in order to warm up, you can start with jogging on the spot, side jacks and go on to shuffles. Next, loosen the neck muscles with neck and shoulder rotations.
Now it’s time to start the HIIT routine. You should set the clock for each exercise as 45 seconds followed by a rest period of 15 seconds and then move onto the next one. Do 3 sets with 1-2 minutes rest in between them. For best results, perform this upper body HIIT routine at least 3 times per week.
1Dumbbell Forward To Overhead Press With Shuffle
2. Seal Jack + Half Burpee
3. The Dumbbell Squat And Press Jump
4. Moving Plank
5. Dumbbell Forward And Diagonal Punches With Lunges
7. Dumbbell Bent Over Row To Reverse Fly Jump
8. The Dumbbell Russian Twist To External Rotation
9. Dumbbell Bicep Curl And Ice Skater
10. Triceps Dips To Kicks
HOW TO DO A PUSHUP ?
- Start in a traditional push up starting position, your feet a couple of inches apart and your arms directly under your shoulders
- Keep your abs tight and drop your body straight down bending just your arms.
- Go back to the starting position.
WHY DO PUSHUPS?
Your probably wondering why you should performing pushups over another exercise right? Did you know that many people don’t have any upper body strength, pushups are one of the best exercises to help strengthen your upper body. It might look easy and basic but it’s actually quite challenging as it works on all of the upper body muscles.
Plus there are a lot of other benefits to doing pushups:
- Increases upper body muscle and strength• Improves posture
• Reduces the chance of upper-body injuries
• Reduces lower-back pain
• Improves cardiovascular health
• Increases endurance levels
• Improves overall health
How to Properly Plank
The key for success is getting perfecting in the proper planking position. One article in Physical Living, writes :
1. Your arms must be positioned correctly and your elbows set directly under the shoulders for proper weight distribution.
2. The spine remains straight(don’t round out the spine ).
3. Tighten the core to benefit from the exercise.
4. Keep your legs slightly spread without adding pressure to the hip area. Adjust the distance between your feet as you need it.
5. Breath slowly and deliberates so that your core is fully engaged and your body is relaxed.
If you are wondering why The Planking Challenge makes for such is a good workout plan for you then read more . Even though it seems like it’s too simple to be a full body workout,here is what planking does for the body:
Tones the stomach- planking uses the core to stabilize the body and carry out the physical demands to stay in planking position. The abdominal muscles are engaged during this workout. ,so this muscles tone and tighten .
Promotes good posture- abs are very important for maintaining a good posture, planking is also great for balance and stability. Over time, you’ll stand up straight and achieve a broader range of movement.
Increases Flexibility- an article published by Mercola says that flexibility is improved during constant work of the back and shoulder muscles in the plank position. The shoulder blades will stretch and give a better range of motion.